For the Home
1. Add some great pillows to refresh your rooms. This Hermes accent pillow offers a pop of color and a touch of class, available in multiple colors.
Or this beautiful digitally printed pillow from ABC Home.
2. Light up a personal photograph with this freestanding picture light from Visual Comfort.
3. Add a cloche to a window sill or side table for year around green. This one is from Arteriors.
4. Add a dash of color and an abundance of warmth with a beautiful throw like this one from Designers Guild.
Or this one from Missoni.
For the Ladies
1. Express your love on custom notecards from a printer that can do letterpress.
2. Beat the chilly air with an infinity scarf. Many styles exist so check out Etsy for your favorite. The one below is from deroucheau.
3. An exquisite piece of jewelry offers the perfect amount of holiday sparkle. I love the modern elegance of David Yurman pieces found at davidyurman.com
The Merrakesh Necklace below from Stella&Dot offers holiday glitter at a delightful price.
4. The accessory on every woman’s arm, a hand bag. Here are a few beauties that I couldn’t resist.
A daytime purse that can hold everything you need, from a brand that is renowned for its quality. Find it in stores or online at Coach.
Shiny and bright, this raspberry patent leather Kate Spade bag is a steal.
Or this great evening clutch from Sondra Roberts; find at Nordstrom.
5. Who said that plaid was just for the boys? This Burberry jacket is a chic version of an age old classic.
For the Men
1. Whisky Rocks to keep the spirts cold without dilution. The natural soapstone is reusable after a quick rinse and a little freezer time.
2. Lululemon Vent Tech Shirt for all manly activities…keep ’em dry and smell free. An added bonus is the fun little note on the hem.
3. A Paradigm gift certificate to spruce up the bachelor pad.
4. Liquid Image HD Snow Goggles let you record your action on the slopes with the push of a button. Those silly cameras head cams are a thing of the past.
5. A personal beer holster keeps you hands free whether on a hike or in the backyard for a barbecue. Available at redenvelope.com
For the Foodie
2. Le Cruset in a fabulous color (cassis) like this one below. Available at muliple locations.
For the Kids
1. Makerbot – Let the kids design their own toy and then watch their creation come to life with this 3-D printer. You’ll be as impressed as they are…and you can make things to use as well (note the spatula on the website).
2. Paint a wall with chalkboard paint or white marker paint so they can paint on the walls without getting into trouble.
3. A Downhill Toboggan…because snow is a coming and memories last a lifetime, just ask my brother.
4. Start a tradition of buying them a themed ornament each year depicting what they are interested in at that time. Let them open it before Christmas so they can hang it on the tree. This is a tradition started by my Colorado “Grandparents” and I looked forward to it every year as a child. An added bonus is they will have a tree full of ornaments once they start their own families.
For the Bookworm
1. Interesting or beautiful books for their coffee table.
2. The Kindle Fire – because it’s now in color and there is nothing better than being able to turn a page with one hand!
For the Oenophile
1. Corkcicle – a reusable, nontoxic gel that freezes in a BPA free plastic icecicle shape to keep your wine cold without the large, messy bucket of ice.
2. A classic waiter’s corkscrew from Chateau Laguiole. Most connoisseurs prefer less gadgety items when it comes to serving a nice bottle of wine. Featured is the oak barrel handle but for those inclined, they offer bone designs as well.
3. Wine Bottle Tags for organizing their cellar. Available at multiple sources.
For the Pet Lover
1. This has to be the most stylish modern pet bed I’ve seen. It’s from Vurv and it’s handmade in Canada. They have other great products as well.
2. A trendy feeding bowl for your pooch from These Creatures.